Monday, August 13, 2007

Heading to Hilton Head

We will be embarking on a road trip to Hilton Head in the next few days. I am very excited, but very apprehensive at the same time. I am not sure how my children will do when we are at the condo. I am scared that they will be bored. I know we will go to the ocean and the pool and do a lot of amazing things. The thing is that my kids think they need to be entertained everyday and I am having a huge problem with my oldest. She doesn't want to have anything to do with her siblings. She just wants to play by herself and be left alone. Now, our house is big enough for her to do that. It's just that our middle daughter wants to be with the older one all the time so she follows her. Being the youngest in the family, I can relate with my middle daughter. My sister didn't want me around either and it made me feel terrible. I don't know what to do. I am hoping that once school starts, things will be better.

Another big change that will be occurring soon is that I am going to start watching 3 more kids. Their ages are 4, 19 mos, and 2 mos. Yes, it will be crazy. It will only be for 2 days out of the week, but it will start at 6:20 in the morning!! I am not a morning person so this should be interesting. Also, I will be going back and forth from preschool as the 4 yr old goes to preschool in the afternoon and mine goes in the morning. With that said, I know it won't be that bad. I know the kids and my girls get along well with the 4 yr old. Their mom works the night shift and she needs to get her sleep during the day and she is so desperate for someone to watch them. Right now she is not sleeping during the day and still going to work!! I give her a lot of credit. I do not do well without sleep, let alone work a 12 hr shift in the hospital.

1 comment:

Happy Working Mom said...

I had no idea you were watching kids! I would say I think you're crazy, but apparently we are too :)

Good luck!! And have a great vacation!